Sunday, November 13, 2005

Stand back! Let me count my blessings.

I know my dear maid is kinda stunted, her inability to reach for the air-cond remote up on my bed is a huge disadvantage for me, so the only way to switch my air-cond on is through myself. Aware of the freaking humidity of M'sia, i turned the air-cond on before i left for dinner in OU today.

Vietnamese kitchen do serve good food i tell ya. I had the pan seafood hor fun and we ordered this rice skin to wrap our food it in. Like popiah lah! Anyway, that's not the point. When i came back, i could smell the pungent scent of melted plastic from the bottom of my stairs. So i went up and noticed that my room smells heavily of it. At first i thought it was the damn revolving colourful light someone gave to me for my b'day. I lifted it up, sniffed the top, the bottom, the sides, the wire but guess it just wasn't it although it too smells like shit.

Then i noticed my air-cond not switched on. I thought maybe my maid lah, always ask her to switch on, maybe today she really wanna switch on but dont know that its already on so she switch off instead. Then to my horror, i saw the magnetic starter, you know, the small box where you have the green and red buttons. It was burned at the top, being stupid me, i sniffed it so close i swear i couldve just puked. The plastic melted, the black wire became black and the curtain ALMOST caught fire.

Just now i might've NOT have a house to come home to, or at least a room to sleep in, but now, i dont have my air-cond!!!!!!!!
SHIT!!

Look at how close the stupid box is to the curtains. Phew man! I tell you! Phew!

Jinny

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so bad la say your maid stunted... She's so nice okay... She wanted to blow/pump ALL the balloons... but we had no more place to hang. =p She's not stunted... she's cute...