Friday, November 11, 2005

I could never thank you guys enough. Not in a year, not in a century, not in a million gazillion years. Not ever.

Last year, i remembered posting something on my birthday citing it as the happiest day of my life, and well, it just keeps getting better year by year.

On the 9th of November, Eric was kind enough to offer an outing to OU the next day. Of course, being me as such a bad planner and with no plans at all, i totally agreed to go. Somehow i was talking to Ben and he asked me whether i was gonna have a party, you know, sweet 16 and stuff, i felt that it was a little too late for a party but with a little bit of an iron nerve, i asked mum whether i could have a barbeque. She convinced me she might not be free and a barbeque is alot of a hassle considering she might not be around. But didn't rule out a possibility and assuring me i will have my barbeque as planned by me maybe in the weekends. Oh well, better late than never yeah. Though i found it quite irritating having mum constantly asking me whether i had training in the evenings or am i going anywhere during then.

10 November, 12 am, messages and smses started flooding in though i tried my very best to reply each and every one of them. Tried asking chucs about whether she could make it for the movie with me and Eric and in return got turned down. Said she was busy, she left me wondering why everyone was so busy. Sis came in, left 20 ringgit on my table and wished me, then dad came up to me, hugged me and placed a black box and a card on my table, first look, i could only see the CREATIVE in white at the side of the box, as i lifted the card, i saw more than i could wish for, a Creative MuVo mp3 player coated in black. Either dad took a wild guess, or he's been reading my blogs realising i've been longing for an mp3 player ever since, whatever it is, i'm thankful to him. Read a few blogs and flopped into bed anticipating my movie outing with Eric and JoLin.

10 November, 8.45 am, training, training, training, got a 400m parlauf and 150m x 5 from sir as a birthday present. Though not too thankful for it. Coming back, i noticed grandma made her red syrup jelly and i found a tub of chicken wings in the fridge, i had a brief idea that most probably my family must've planned a party and invited all my relatives, i was hoping it was true.

10 November, 1.30 pm, i kept wondering what was keeping everyone so busy, being my birthday, sis made the once-in-awhile kind chaffeur and ferried me to OU, met up with Jo and Eric, Jubs and Mechell were there too. Earlier on, i had told Jo to go get Exorcism of Emily Rose tickets although i was quite worried about not being able to pass the cinema bouncers being underaged. Prayed it all goes well, and in the end, it did go well, note people, GSC OU bouncers are either looking for cheap money, blind, or they dont give a shit about whatever show you're watching. Which means we could all watch 18 PL shows without the need to get involved in a cat and mouse game.

10 November, During the show, i had my hands up to my face, both eyes peering in between my index and middle finger, ready to shut when something pops up on the screen with the boomest of boom sounds. Nudging Jo and Eric everytime some stupid Caucasians would go investigate whatever noises they hear and scaring the shit outta them everytime they do that! I must say the "Based on a true story" quote was somewhat disturbing.

10 November, After the show, Jo, Mechell and Jubs left for home and me and Eric, if you've seen us and cant hear what we're talking about, you'd think we're gay. We walked the whole top floor of the mall for a total 7 times, he'd be refusing to go bowling and i would be refusing to walk into FOS, his favourite. We bought eye-sheets (i dont know how you actually call it), those stuff where you wear on your eyes when you want a good night's sleep, yea that one, for Xin Yi as his birthday present. Then for some uncanny reason, Eric chose YIPPEE CUP as our place of dining, they have this table order thing where you press the buttons and waiters will attend to you, strict rules, you cant raise your hand or do anything to attract the waiter's attention but press the button. Eric had Lamb Chop and his mocha and i had my Fried Calamari and mango juice, all paid for. :) Once again, if you've seen us and not hear what we're talking about, you'd think we're gays. And to add to that, we got countless disturbing looks. Somewhere home, a group of ants were working their asses off.

10 November, On the way home, i offered Eric a ride home since he played the poor sheep with no transport, sis was once again the kind chaffeur and picked us up, Simon was in the car and from what i noticed, he was wearing shorts, which means sis is either sending him home, or sending him back to our home. Stuck in a minor traffic jam, sis typed a message on her cell, i wild guessed that she informed mum that she was stuck in a traffic jam and we might be a little late for dinner. As we neared KDU on the LDP, i told sis to go straight on to Kelana Jaya to send Eric home, unnaturally, and being a crazy fearless driver, she demurely said she couldn't drive in the heavy rain and asked Eric to go back to our house for dinner, then she'll send him home. And with Eric, quietly agreeing, my suspision arose like a termometer in boiling waters.

10 November, as we neared our house, in the mess of the heavy rain splattered across the windscreen, i could vaguely make out what seem to be mum's car parked outside, now mum wouldn't park her car outside unless there's a function involving tables spread across my front porch. And with the porch, gate and practically every light turned on, i told myself in my mind that this might not be just a small kitchen party i expected it to be. The gate opened, and the first thing i saw, was Mak Heong Weng scurrying inside my living room, "Mak???!! What's he doing there?!?" And then i noticed this banner decorated with green fonts that read "HAPPY BIRTHDAY JINN(with extra sequins and glitter on JINN)" hanging above my front door. Looking at Eric, he gave me a faint smile, the kind on the side of his face. My adrenaline started pumping, i broke into a sweat, this is my first ever Surprise Party.

I was screaming like a baby in the car, hands over my face, refusing to step out of the car. Mum greeted us and my maid played the butler holding the umbrella over my head. I saw the table filled with food on the spot where mum always parked her car. Close to tears, i peeped into the living room and found no one, not even Mak, then noticing the mirror cabinet where we keep our Swavrovski crystals and plaques, i saw this huge group of people standing on their toes just beside the piano, anxiously waiting for me to step in, not knowing i was actually watching them through the mirror. "I can see all of you through the mirror la!" Laughter broke and i got the surprise of my life. Chucs started spraying me with all those party ribbons, messing my shirt up, and then my face, if my memory is right, i just stood rooted to the spot, stunned, whatever way you might put for being unable to move nor say a word. Mak, Cheng, Ee Jin, Chucs, XR, Avril, Ti Ming, Emelia, Li Ying, all standing in front of me, yelling Happy Birthday. I turned to mum and i told her "You never told me anything about this!! Nothing!!", I ran up to my room and mum came, asked me to go take a bath first while Eric was bugging me for a t-shirt. Mum told me "Everything was planned long ago before we went to China", i looked at Eric and attacked him with interogations. It was then i found out, every little thing was pre-planned, the outing, Eric, the "busy" excuses, Emelia telling me she had to "balik kampung". Planned long before i could think of.

The food was catered, specially catered by Avril's dad and i couldn't be more thankful, and Vril, tell your dad the food's fantastic, i just had it for lunch again just now and it was superb. Arvin, Jun Wei, Joanne, SueZan, Sanjay, Sarny, John, JoLin, JeanYi and Mechell joined us later on. I recieved many presents, but the biggest and the best, was given by everyone and it was the surprise party, honestly, i could never ever had asked for anything more than that. Thanks to every single one of YOU!

Special thanks to: Avril
Avril, you've been fantastic, you've been the planner(where did you get my sister's number?!?!?!??!), you made the banner, you've always listened to my rantings of the people i despise (hehe, right? right?), you've been a wonderful friend and still is, you totally made my day yesterday and i'm sure not only yesterday but yesterday was abit more la.. hehe.. I'm glad you share your problems with me, trust me, made me feel so very special. This maybe short compared to what you've written about me, but to tell you the truth, i dont have to write long essays for you to know that i'm thankful and i truly care. These words are meant for you, me and every jinnyboyy.blogspot.com reader to read and know, but you yourself know, that it has always been, more than just words. Thanks and lots of love. -Jinny

Chucchy, pet pet sister, chucolate, chucs, whatever your name is, you're always the same warm, sarcastic, caring pet pet sister i've ever known. You played a part in changing me front sitting bus nerd to a back-of-the-bus havoc. We've both grown so much since then. haha. I believe in our walks of life, we'll find our very own angels who will guide us and be with us all the time, and i guess i've already found one of them. You. :) Love. -Jinny

XR, you've been like an elder sister to me most of the time, guiding me, insulting me, calling me a brat, scolding me, why should i thank you? haha, because in the midst of all the things we've done, we have shared gallons and gallons of laughters, fun, everything little satisfying thing we could think of. Honestly, you and chucs have always been my guardian angels. And let me thank you for that! :) Love. -Jinny

Ee Jin, Jin sister, i hope you like your present, i certainly like mine, we've known each other for quite awhile now, and you too, are like a sister to me, we're always sharing the laughs and at times you would give me abit of fashion tips which i hardly follow. But oh dont worry, it aint just the fashion tips that matters, its you, and whatever you've done for me or we've done. Thanks Jin! Love. -Jinny

Emelia, i found your card just before i went to bed, i hope you beared with the smelly pillows when you stuck your hand in between them to hide your card, you must've been real brave. We've known each other for some time, and ever since, you are like the generator machine of lame-ness and amusement. You talk alot of crap online and also on the line, and well, i cant deny it but me too. I love the morning jog ideas and although we've only done it once, i want to go again. And i cant thank you enough for everything you've done for me, including the Bravo Two Zero. This whole paragragh about you, is only 1/10000000000 of what you really are, MAGNIFICENT. Love. -Jinny

Chengo, dia ni dewi malaikat, tapi dalam drama acting saje. haha. Hey chengs, i will keep the coupon safe in my treasure chest and i will redeem it when i really really need it most. That time, i wish you have more coupons to give away and only to me! :) You're unbelievable! Love. -Jinny

Eric, fuck off, you made us look like gay asses when you juat HAD to choose YIPPEE CUP. But thanks for paying for it. NO Love. -Jinny

John, whatever you wrote about me in your blog, i just wanna ditto back to you. You're no worse than what you wrote about me, only better. And i thank you for being you. Love. -Jinny

To everyone else, thank you all for everything, from keeping the surprise party a secret to making your presence felt at the party or in my life. Ti Ming and Joanne, thanks for the banner, to those who gave me presents but never write their identities down, i thank you, and to everyone in my life who matters most. THANK YOU! And i love you all. :)

Now i can proudly and whole-heartedly say, I HAD THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE ON THE 10TH OF NOVEMBER 2005.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your mum asked you if you were going training or anywhere in the evening cause I was asking Sue Lynn too.
I purposely forgot to bring your present in the morning.
I said I'd be busy, yea I lied.
I'm sure yippee cup was good.
I told Sue Lynn to bring Eric home cause it was raining.-Eric told me that he'd ask Sue Lynn to drop him at Edusmart. Means he'd walk to the party. What a doink. But luckily Sue Lynn was smart enough to not dare to drive in the heavy rain. ahaha!
But I have to thank Eric so much, so if he ever reads this, Thanks Eric. =)

I didnt get SueLynn's cell number just like that. Friendster works too okay!
Yes, I always do listen to your rantings bout ppl you despise.
You've been fantastic, and a wonderful friend and still is too. Or else, do you think I'd give in my time and nights for the J on the banner? =)

Help me thank your parents, and Sue Lynn for everything!!! I even thank them for Jinn. ahaha...
I'm really glad you're happy.
Lotsa love to you too.-avril.