Friday, January 06, 2006

We need little less kiasu-ness and little more care.

The first week of school just passed. Guess the back to school craze hasn't subsided yet because my bus still refuses to stop me right at my doorstep. Things have been rather frustrating for me back in school. Firstly, i dont have a proper place to sit in class and so i've set up my own personal space right in the middle of the middle aisle between jo and pauline. We had a class confusion on the first day so the form 5s were rushing around trying to determine the position of classes. Thanks to the stupid assembly and that akwardly useless briefing from mr. allen, i was the last back at class and all the rather "juicy" sitting positions were all snapped up by kiasu(s) of 5 Bunga Raya. And my poor deuter bag, my oh so poor bag was left in block c because someone was too kind enough to bring it there during the mass confusion and forgot, or rather not give a shit to bring it back to the original classroom, so there i was, looking for my bag among the form 4 block. Then a few kindred spirits came around with my bag and then i was so happy i silently swore and cursed my fellow classmates.

Then came pn. chew, my physics teacher. I always thought she'd be the one i'd suck up to since my dad knows her but hell no. She literally refused to teach until i shifted my majestic table away from the middle aisle. And so i was, sitting at the back AGAIN for physics. Thank god its only for physics! Talk about kiasu-ness, john told me yesterday about people going to tuition to book seats for friends at 3 when it only starts at 5. I dont get it. I dont see the point in coming so freaking early to be selfish. But i mean, now, people are all so self-centered and kiasu. Its the new trend.

I just finished American History X on vcd and despite all the glitches and unbearable clarity, its a really good show. Just make sure you have your headphones up when you watch it while your parents are stalking your back. Its about this young suburban kid who lives with his brother, 2 sisters and mom. Dad was killed by the african-americans while doing his duty as a firefighter. So big brother decides to rebel against the black americans, he joins some skinhead pro-nazi gang. And the high-school kid decides to follow his brother's footsteps while big bro is doing time in prison for murdering 2 car-theft black americans. He joins the skinheads, has pro-nazi tattoo's all over his body and pastes posters idolising adolf hitler all over his room. He starts intimidating black american teens in school by puffing his fag all over their faces, and starts writing racists essays for assignments. His headmaster then puts him in a personal history class called american history x. In the end he gets shot while taking a piss in the toilet by the guy who got his face puffed at although he and his brother already decided to start a new life away from the madness of racism. Actually, no one wins, though you may think that one party is uncivilised, the other isnt much different anyway. You have to watch it to understand it! And guys, always say NO to racism. It breaks hearts, bonds, friendships, trust, understandings, unity and the wallets of those who spent this much for Thierry Henry's anti-racism bands. :)

Jinny

No comments: