Tuesday, February 24, 2009

On The Other Side Of The World

Integrity is a full basin, shame is the spiral down the sinkhole.

I can't remember the last time I've started an institution without knowing anyone at all. After three days of orientations and 2 days of classes, I've only come to introduce myself to one and a half Malaysian(s), two british lads and five and a half Australian(s).

Victoria University has decided to start a week earlier than every other higher education institution in Australia, which has condemned me to a 6.30am wake up call, and a 45 minute tram-train-tram ride much sooner than anyone else.

But three days of classes, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and I have the long weekend ahead. Sounds too appealing to make up for it.

I'm very aware of the idealogy of cramming classes into as few days in a week as possible.

Mental block because Gossip Girl is on tv. The bitchful sounds are very very distracting.

Jinny

No comments: