Monday, February 09, 2009

Binman to Hitman

As of now, I've been in this land almost a week. Still struggling to shake off that habit of thinking too much about home and the stupid things I do when I have the freedom of being behind the wheel of my life.

And today, I've conveniently heard tragic stories of how some people require a whole year's of bawling over the phone to come to a stage where they cant wait to come back here. I'm further doubting myself now.

Its astonishing, the weather really. How temperatures can fluctuate by 20 degrees in a day. Last Saturday, Melbourne had the worst heatwave in history, contributing to bushfires in the suburbs and killing almost 130 people as of now. Right now, its 15 degrees celcius. Complimenting a day of a constant 19 degrees. You never make it a priority to trust the weather forecasts.

Since I got here, I've been moving about, getting alot of distance in my daily walking exercises. I refuse to take the tram because the weather is good. When the weather is bad, I refuse to go out. So far I've been running around to banks, getting bank cheques done, and gallavanting to and fro to the city and to the real estate agent's office.

After the day, its just staying home, watching The Biggest Loser and So You Think You Can Dance and playing pro evolution soccer. Which I suspect is the causing my right arrow button on the keyboard to be a little knackered up. A little bit of facebooking would be an understatement on the largest scale.

But I'll get over it soon.

Sometimes I feel slightly limited for things to do, but I actually have an Australian Tenancy Booklet to read and pages of rules to memorise in abiding to the law of renting property. Oh, I finally have an apartment.

Now that just leaves me with furniture shopping, utensils, internet connection, paperworks, more bank visits.............

I've also come to realise that I really need to mind my language on facebook. Seems like my dad's my most avid fan.

I'd like to think that I could work part-time, given the salary paid to students here is astoundingly high(say RM5/5 minutes), and finance my return ticket back home during the winter. But sub-consciously I also know that I can finance part of my huge rent. However I prefer to stay oblivious.

I know I lack the pictures to justify the amount of words I write sometimes. I apologize. I will post some, soon.

Jinny

No comments: