Friday, February 27, 2009

Feist-y

I'll Try Anything Once - The Strokes

Hey, if you have an iPhone, get Shazam from the applications store, because if you hear a song somewhere, and it pisses the shit out of you because you dont know what it is or anything, turn Shazam on and record a snippet of it, it will then search its database of 9 million songs (haha!) and provide you with the answers you seek. Its S.H.A.Z.A.M.

Oh wait, its only available in anywhere but Malaysia.

I've shifted in. Yes. I'm finally inhabiting my own space. Space I duly paid for with a hefty price. And because my room is small and claustrophobic, it undoubtedly looks fifty times cosier now that it is clustered. Tomorrow I'm poised to blu-tack my wall with printed pictures so I get to see everyone's pretty faces before I doze off every now and then.

And maybe take a nice little photo for everyone to admire. Heh.

Its quite a feeling finally living alone. Albeit my cousin's soundly asleep in the room beside. The responsiblities of signing contracts and paying bills on my own, retrieving my own mail, having my name printed on official envelopes. No to mention the overwhelming sense of freedom. Its like finally, a new chapter in life, not in a pseudo context anymore, a real new experience. Although I still loathe the idea of housework.

And classes have started. Having successfully scraping through week 1, I have 2 assignments due in week 3 and a huge one about an interview with a real-life manager. I've also added into 'the people I met' tally, three and quarter Australians, one quarter Indian, one quarter German and one Serbian. Going out to play has been rather tough for me but hopefully it works in my favour.

Its the comfort of having people I know that are willing to do shit with me that's waning.

Today I've been shooting a repertoire of rhetorical questions to myself about my apparent weight-loss. 6 of my kilograms have mysteriously vanished. My waist feels bare at the thought of my size 36 pants that no longer hugs it. Even with the diligent help of the belt.

To add salt to injury, my shirts have all shrunk because of some dryer.

I'm torn between shopping for new clothes or extra feeding myself so I can fit into old clothes. Both requiring to stretch my budget a little tighter. I never knew losing weight had such repercussions.

Jinny

No comments: