Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Immersing in books for the pride.

There is always a jumpy feeling when you're surrounded by studious people. Especially when the exams draw near.

Funny how people would think its their main priority to bury their noses into books at this particular moment for an exam that is merely just to flaunt your grades and what you think would "separate" the smart from the not so smart.

Its for the sake of the upheaving ones pride and ego to be included in a "smart" group.

And then everyone starts comparing marks with weaker students just to assure themselves that there are worse.

I'm saying this because i have a low metabolism of study when the pressure is too slight. Of course i do care about my marks and my ahem pride. But well, its the foundation of accumulated lessons and revision that separates the strong and weak in studies and not just brain-power. Through and through i regret for not following up on lessons and scarce revisions, and i am almost too aware that this is the main reason for my downfall in studies for the last year and half, including this upcoming one.

Therefore i would apologize to my future self who exists after the mid-terms right now if my actions now (eg. not making consistent progression in my studies) would cause embaressment and battered pride when receiving my results.

Lets get over and done with this "taken tad bit too seriously" exam and crack brains for the REAL one instead.

Jinny

No comments: