Thursday, March 02, 2006

Oh my oh my.

It seems my wrist isn't getting any better at all.
3 and half boxes of NUROFEN and almost a month of robocop-ing.
I've given myself another 2 weeks of progression for my wrist and if nothing positive comes from it, the last resort is to go under the knife.

However the estimated cost for a 2 hour surgery would be in the nether regions of about 20k. Which was initially exaggerated by the doctor, but we were assured that the amount is a rough calculation of the maximum cost that it may hike up to. 20k for a wrist surgery to wire-up the cartilage seems like a hefty price to pay, and its because of the equipments and wires that have to be pre-ordered weeks before the initial surgery.

Basicly, they would puncture a few holes on the top and side parts of my left wrist, big enough to fit in a hair-pin camera for the doctor's view while running the process. They would then secure the torn cartilage into place with a wire that will be knotted on the surface of the skin. Either is or similiar to a keyhole surgery.

After the surgery, it'll be 6 weeks of rest and rehabilitation until the TFCC is strenghtened and the chances of the tear reoccuring is not totally purged, however, chances are very much slimmer than a natural strenghtening process.

Though the surgery is not confirmed, i've given myself more time to progress with a brace and still considering it because it'll not only be my first experience on anesthetic and under the knife but also the huge bomb hole that'll burn dad's wallet.

Jinny

7 comments:

wEiguAnz said...

haha yes its a new blog! and whats this i see about u having to undergo surgery?

jinn said...

haha. if my wrist doesnt get any better, then i'll have to. To fix it. :p

jinn said...

lol bee! haha!!

Anonymous said...

You better self-heal yourself in 2 weeks k! Um, was talking to your wrist. The surgery sounds... dunnola. Can't find any words to describe it cuz now my stomach churns and my knees are weak.

jinn said...

wah... so serious mehhhh... :p

Anonymous said...

Eh Jinny! You're supposed to do the 7 Things meme that was posted on my blog ya know.. in case you didn't know! Try lahhh. It'd be fun.

jinn said...

haha em! relek laa.. when i have the time.. which is very much soon.. hehe