Monday, March 27, 2006

My time to bow out.

Someone came to fix the bloody lines today and finally after almost a week my internet is now up and running again.

So the whole week without the internet i have been indulging in the commonwealth games and a whole lotta counter-productive stuff.

MSSD for me was yet another drag. 5th in the heptathlon means i wont have a chance to get my first individual gold medal. The only consolation is that i can give myself a pat on the back and say "jinn, albeit having to run, jump and throw in events that you've never competed in before, getting the 5th place out of 12 competitors and knowing that you were that close to 3rd place is nto bad at all." Apart from the 400m and 1500m events, the other 5 were all alien to me.

Heptathlon - 2695 Points (5 out of 12)
- 110m Hurdles = 22.3s
- High Jump = 1.55m
- Shotputt = 8.90m
- 400m = 56.2s
- Long Jump = 4.95m
- Javelin = 25.6m
- 1500m = 5:14 min

After 5 years of my involvement in athletics. It has finally come the time for me to hang up my spikes.

Congrats however to the school drama team for making it past zone and i'll be back in the team for MSSD this coming thursday.

My enthusiasm for writing is still curbed by the amount of days not being online. That is why for some uncanny reason i am trying to make my post seem boring.

Jinny

No comments: