Saturday, September 09, 2006

To "eat finish ade" and beyond

Remember i said something about a cholesterol test and me dying of suspected heart failure? Suspect no more! The results are out!

And, *drum rolls*

I HAVE A SLIGHTLY HIGH LEVEL OF CHOLESTEROL.

Lightly because i dont wanna scare myself just yet at this raw age. In other words, slightly means borderline lah. Means counted as high cholesterol lah. :(

See the LDL inscribed in bold? I dunno what it means but it seems that cholesterol in your body has 2 types. HDL is one type your body needs, so LDL means unwanted ones. Those that cause the fats to accumulate in the outer walls of your heart blocking all the arteries.

The computer was so nice to put that little star in front before bolding all the letters to show me that i have a problem. But luckily it was the only problem i have with my Lipid Studies.

Apparently the desrable level for the LDL cholesterol is below 2.58 and i got a 2.83. Which puts in the borderline condition. Long way more to risk indicator level but a short way to dying.

The rest all okay except for stupid LDL. Because of you LDL, ah ma wouldn't allow me to eat as much prawns as i want without nagging, ah ma also wouldn't let me fry anything without reminding me how my grandpa died, mummy wouldn't give me 11 bucks for kfc every friday night after tuition anymore, mlia wants me to eat celery, i cant enjoy eating anything without thinking of the long term effects and not seeing my grandchildren throw each other around at home and tripping me with my walking stick. :(

Because of you lah.

LDL is not the only stupid thing right now, stupid stupid english paper. I admit, iw as abit cocky and over-confident by not preparing thinking i can just sit there and let everything flow right out. Paper 2 was okay. Considering i created my own moral values for the Pearl. Then bloody paper 2 made us write a speech about the importance of national service. As much as i think its useless, i had no choice but to menanam tebu di mulut. Sweet praises about the benefits lah, how people gain useful knowledge by firing rifles onto moving targets. Maybe i'm just ignorant about the good points of it even though i was *thankfully* not selected. But just had to do it lah.

The 2nd choice essay i chose interesting malaysian habits and practices because the rest just didn't appeal to me although i thought i could've done a better job writing about fire. Not as good as bradley, talking about how the africans danced around fire and gypsies burning on a stake. I've a gut feeling i screwed up my essay because every habit was negatively wrote and i didn't state anything about practices. Practices and habits same right? First thing that came to my mind was malaysian punctuality. Then our courtesy. Then road habits. Then our chinglish slang. Then no more time.

"Ever heard that familiar constant honk behind you as you hesitate to take that U-turn? Ever had your mum tell you its okay to be late because everyone's going to be late anyway?"

Thats how i started it, and then from there onwards is negative negative negative comments all the way. Lucky mr. mail is marking not the government, or else i might be banished to seychelles like tunku ngah ibrahim.

Hold on, let me fish the question paper out of my bag.

Write a story ending with........ It was a stepping stone to success. How pussily lame can the teacher get setting questions like that?

By the way, i noticed something on my cholesterol result slip.

Age :17 Means i'm eligible to drive lah!

Jinny

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

screw the effing english paper mann!! iiishhh!! and err, you still cannot drive la, even if it's the vios or the sentra i'm talking about. Nvm, I don't even get my point here.