Wednesday, August 17, 2005

This is it, MSS Selangor Inter-School Relay competition is tomorrow! Mentally prepared, physically, erm, for me, not so. Three odd seconds faster than last year's winning time, and then one of our runner is on the verge of pulling out.
Thank god, we are running as a full team as it is tomorrow and hopefully old injuries, and mishaps are to be forgotten, we are ever so determined to get this straight and end up representing Selangor for MSSM level in Langkawi, its not like we've never done it before, and that, we do stand a good chance in doing so again.
The only problem for me, is the issue of breakfast, well, as cheesy as it may sound, I've always had this problem about breakfast before competitions, its either i gobble a little too much, pop in the wrong stuff, or I end up not eating at all. Well, Its not like i've never tried Powerbars before, but i assure you, it only has 2 outcomes, melt in the heat of my bag half-eaten or kept in my refrigerator long enough to realise it has expired probably one and half years ago. I have since then, strived to find something edible, energy-fuelling, something carbohydrate-ic to savour before competitions.
And when Powergel comes into the mind, it could only be disrupted by the fact that Powergels are by far the most useless energy-providing substance known to mankind (probably to me only). Since introduced to me in 2003, i may never know how far has it work for me, but for all i DO know, I have by far, NEVER felt the effects of Powergel, to me, i guess its some useless gel which stimulates the mind to think that it has effects, sort of a psychological treatment. Lance Armstrong would never admit that and so does Nestle, and thats because its making hell lotta money from people who thinks that some stupid substance could win them a race. ( I WAS one of em)
I guess I've written long enough, now is the time to fill my stomach with butterflies and start nervous-ing about tomorrow's race(s). Bid ME and US luck! Peace!

No comments: