Saturday, August 06, 2005

Dreams flying high..

After the last post, i've always had thoughts flickering in my mind constantly telling me " Eujinn! You've gotta blog this, you've gotta blog that" And now, when I'm here, working my fingers out on a post, it all dissolves away! Maybe its just not a time to write blogs, oh who knows!

Today, i had a short chat with Foo Kong in the car on the way to lunch, his rusty, worn out, creaky little erm, piece of steel, but even so, it seems that Foo Kong's been paying attention to the air-cons only, its works better than any other car i've been in and i guess it is the only part of the car well taken care of! No'fense! Well, he started off by bombarding me with questions, and somehow, we ended up talking about opportunities in pursue-ing a Pilot status.

Neither did i know that Foo Kong was actually training to be a pilot or something like that, in my mind i thought "wow this guy knows alot about planes", and he sure does, i can rather say he's been pretty successful in persuading me to give piloting a try, being the usual listener, he complained i was being too quiet (note: i drank sirap ais before training and puked it all out, so, to have an empty stomach, i knew i had every reason to feel exhausted and tired) so, i told him why i've never thought of being a pilot, it was quite amusing thinking back, me complaining about screwing up the plane's controls, or pressing the intercom instead of landing gear, or being the first person in the plane to pass out if there's a terrorist attack, or even not making it out of training alive.. Foo Kong then talked about the odds of being attack by a suicide bomber, or that the mechanicals in the plane are as easy as driving a car, lots more, but from what i know, he answered every doubt and every question, with convincing answers.

So guys, dont be surprised if you hear "Captain Chia" on the intercom on your next flight to Amsterdam or Bangladesh, and i assure you, I'll TRY to not be the first one to pass out if something does go wrong!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

New York! New York!! You can fly me to NY for free, Captain Chia! Then I'll bring you to downtown Manhattan for ice-cream! (um, I hope you read that part of my latest post in my blog, then you'll know what I'm talking about, heh.)

So. Anyway. We don't know what the future lies so it's best to keep the options open. Piloting is not bad actually. Just as long as you have a passion for it... You're like the 573658th person who's considering a career out of flying planes! But, really, just make it one of your options. =)