Sunday, April 16, 2006

Now you can ignore the last post if you want to.

Nobody has to buy my muddy looking shoes. Everyone wants to be spoilt with 1st hand shoes eh? (i refuse to admit i have bad sales techniques for not cleaning my shoes beforehand)

Even more so, "someone" created a blog to irritate me on the glory of his new La Sportiva Cobras. I do admit that i was intimidated, seeing someone who wrecked his 290 ringgit shoe in 3 months and obtaining a flashy new pair.

I wanted a shoe of my own. Something that accustoms itself into the shape of my feet. Something that would fit me perfectly well in time. And something that would overcome my absence of monkey paws or goats hooves (ripped off theory). Something that would allow me to discontinue usage of camp 5's torn, worn out, hideous rent shoes.

But, where is the dough when i need it?

I dont have a budget to spend, or a credit card to pamper myself with, and my only access to my personal account e.g atm card was mercilessly confiscated. Oh, and no one wants my muddy looking shoes.

I was scared. I had no balls to ask dad for cash because he's rejected my pleas for new gadgets countless times already. The fear of the feeling of being rejected is something that would prevent me from asking. So for the past few days i've been hesitant to ask. Everytime a good chance came i would shut down my systems and blow the chance.

Until today i finally plucked enough balls to ask dad.

"Dad, can i get a new pair of good climbing shoes?"

*reason and purpose questionaire session*

*Dad comes into room, places cash on table and goes out*

Dad'll give the cash or purchase something if he knows its worth investing in. Unless its my birthday.

And to brad's dismay of having a lookalike..


Yeap! La Sportiva Cobras! Now we both wear the same shoes with the same sizes and the same colour and we share the belay set and the same chalk bag and the finger tape and the green tea bath gel. Wow.

And thanks dad for the shoe. Pray i dont wreck this shoe up and get a new one anytime soon.

Jinny

No comments: