Wednesday, April 19, 2006

It would be sweet if we could re-experience old ones rather than make new ones.

Memories. Dont you think? Reliving the moments that were engraved into your mind and soul. The moments that you recall everytime you just stare into thin space. Your feelings at that very particular moment and of course what a wonderful spectacle it was.

I day dream about my memories. Sometimes it doesnt just feel merely like a daydream but like i'm revisiting the past. Of course those are the times that i enjoy resurfacing the exact moments in my mind when i'm in the mood to stay quiet, feel the breeze and stare out into the sky. I do that all the time. It gives me a brief sense of euphoria just thinking about the good memories.

I can still remember vaguely, one that still plays crystal clearly in my mind. The expedition to Kapas island 2 years ago. That night the skies were in a heavenly state. I remember just spreading a canvas sheet out in the darkness of the beach, and lying there, my senses soaking up everything possible. The smell of the sun-dried sand, the feel of the strong yet subtle monsoon wind, the sound of the tides coherently gushing onto shore and retreating back, the extravagant night sky with an abundance of stars no one could ever imagine. The best part is just that feeling of weightlessness and serenity in the darkness with everyone just lying on the beach, staring into the star-filled sky and the harmonious orchestra of tropical nature serenading us. At that point of time, you just let go of all your doubts, even if you cant, it'll go. It was just, perfect.

Or lying on the jetty of Sapi island, during expedition on the eve of tsunami day, oblivious to the strong gusts. I just laid there on the wooden planks and stared into the moon-illuminated cloudy night sky with the occasional rumble of thunder and every bit of tension all gone. I remember whispering to myself. "What a wonderful world".

Even the some of the simplest situations can be a pleasant memory to me. The feeling of anticipation and excitement when me and john were on the bus en route to taking that cable car up to genting highlands and the whole 3 days itself. Or at the time when everyone you cherish comes together and you have a blast. And the freedom of the holidays. Or maybe just spending quality time with the people or person you love.

These are those memories i constantly playback on loop in my head just for the wonderful feeling of it.

And then it makes you go "how i wish i could pause now and go back to then".

You only look back when there's nothing else to look forward to.

Jinny

No comments: