Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Like a virgin

I thumb the unlock button on the remote and the car emits the familiar double beep welcome before i elegantly open the door to the driver's side and climb majestically inside. I pull the lever and slide behind for ample leg space before tilting the seat backwards for a comfortable recline. As i fumble for the key into the ignition, the euphoria slowly occupy every blood vessel linking to my hypothalamus.

"Finally, i am in control."

Finding the correct key, i cooly slide it into the ignition and gave it a gentle little twist. Halfway through the first twist, the light of the built-in clock flickered and glowed in a swampy green. Then the stutter of the engines once, twice and came to life. I lovingly applied pressure on the accelerator pedal only to hear the engine roar with masculinity.

"Shrrrooooooomm shrooooooomm"

Then, it was a blur. I switched the air cond on, tuned in to hitz.fm, shifted into gear, released the handbrake, and found myself marauding through the streets of my neighbourhood thumping the steering wheel to the beats of Hips Dont Lie.

Every signal you flash, every turn you take, every injection of the accelerator seemed so adult like, so free, so protected from the possibility of being hounded by snatch thieves.

Until you get that kick in the nuts from god reminding you of juvenile detention for driving incompetently.

At least there are those who do trust the way i drive even without my liscense, *cough* mlia *cough*, *cough* chucchy *cough*. And thats only because i label myself a safe driver and i play by my words. I dont know how would that keep up if i am to be a competent driver but if you ask anyone who has taken a ride with me, i'm as safe as an ambulance.

Right? :D

Unfortunately, i'm like a delivery service to the residents of ss2B only, because ss2B is my sand box. As far as i'm concerned i'm only subjected to residential roads and anything beyond that will have to commence on foot. I'd be stuffed if i roam out of my play-pen.

Va-va-vroooom.

Jinny

3 comments:

chucchy said...

since when i said i trusted your driving skills. i was holding onto my seat tight. loser. so when's our next trip? the next pasarmalam? :D

jinn said...

wahahah.. hey.. the next psr mlm is way out of my boundary la! we can park and walk again! hee hee.

chucchy said...

lazy to walk laaa. and how's the lump in your stomach? must be those climbings u have been doing, hahahhaa. am i scaring enough of shit out of you? :D:D:D