Sunday, May 22, 2005

Untitled

Firstly, i would like to pinpoint that, to me, writing a blog isnt the easiest thing in the world, i have bad bad memory, so if i do find something to write about, by the time i get to this page, it'd be long gone.. so guys, please be patient...

Well, exams almost over now, it just struck me how fast time has passed since my last post about my meaningless collage of my prized possesions. Without a doubt, i have shat myself in the important papers.. watching everyone pulling off wonderful results isnt doing me any good.. therefore, i have solemnly vowed to myself that i will put my time-managment skills to the test and chart myself a time-table for the 2nd term.. who knoes how far it'll go.. i remember the last time i made myself a flimsy time-table, every column seemed like "rest-time" to me..

I read through a few blogs over the net the past few days, and i came across this Iraqi girl's blog, it amazes me how perfect and zesty her english was considering she stayed around down-town Baghdad where suicide bombing and american bombardment has become a daily routine there, i had fun reading her blog, in one paragraph she stated "Santa Claus'd better knock on my door before he comes in, for any breach of my private property without notice would put him face to face with a Kalashnikov", that sentence shows how cautious Iraqi people have become mainly due to the american occupation in major parts of Iraq and how the rebels have not made their tasks easier.. Neighbours walking to the cross-junction to get daily groceries in the middle of the chaotic town and being blown up by car-bombs or rocket propelled ammunitions have already been a norm ever since the reign of Saddam the tyrant has been toppled.. While we here are hoping for Xboxes and PSPs for christmas, im sure the people of Iraq have wished for nothing more than torchlights and rations... think about it...

On the other hand of war and terror, its Wesak today and well, tommorow's a holiday! :p
oh anyway, i spent half my day at my Buddhist Society selling ice-kacang!.. thats right! ice kacang!.. well, i guess its something like a family tradition, my parents have been selling ice kacang during Wesak for almost decade now, and me, from a defiant little boy wiping tables and collecting used bowls to bossing around the stall.. its tiring and the customers keep on coming, although everything at the carnival are being sold using coupons, i guess it was worth it.. i mean, come on... its Wesak! it happens ANNUALLY! yea.. so you actually buy a coupon book which is 10 ringgit and erm.. your money goes to the building fund of the society, we're gonna build a new building in BU, and then i can have my drumset there! haha.. well, so every single cent counts into the building fund.. i just got back btw, after cleaning up and playing with helium, you know breathing helium makes your voice sound like you've got an orange up your throat.. amusingly fun...

Lets just hope we wouldnt have to wait for too long to the appearance of my next post.. cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eu Jinn!! Hey.. thank you soooo much for dropping by my blog the other day (er, which actually was a long time ago) but anyway, nice blog you have here!

Some people here just take the peace that we have for granted. =\